Prep Time: 45 minutes | Bake Time: 25 minutes
Oven – 350 degrees
Pan Size – 9″x13″
Servings – 6-8
- 16 slices of cinnamon bread – cut or torn into 2″x2″ – Pepperidge Farm cinnamon or cinnamon raisin bread is recommended
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1-cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for garnishing
- Bowl of sliced berries, (strawberries, blueberries, whatever is in season)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cubed bread in bowl and pour melted butter over, use hands to distribute melted butter
- Place buttered bread in buttered 9″x13″ pan
- In large bowl beat together whole eggs, egg yolks, whisk in sugar milk, cream and vanilla.
- Strain the custard mixture over the cinnamon bread, making sure each piece is evenly moistened. Place mixture in buttered 9X13 pan and let sit for 30 minutes to allow bread to soak up the liquid.
- Prepare a larger roasting pan with hot water and place custard pan in roasting pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and custard is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into slices and warm in oven before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with sliced berries.