by Rebecca Keller
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped,
- 4 ounces Andes Peppermint baking chips
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- Next, melt coarsely chopped chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl in microwave starting with 30 seconds. Melting time with vary depending on power of microwave so start with 30 seconds and always give it a good stir before putting the chocolate back in for another round. Heat until you don't see any large lumps, be careful not to over heat though.
- Put chocolate mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Mix until combined. Reduce speed to low, then slowly start adding the flour mixture
- Finally, add peppermint chips.
- Scoop batter using a 1/4 measuring cup for big cookies and place them about 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until the cookies surfaces begin to crack, about 15 minutes. I like to rotate in between for even baking.
- Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy!