- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Hot water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Adapted from Food & Wine Magazine's Chocolate Budino Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper and butter and flour the paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the salt and baking powder. Chop the chocolate and in a large microwave-safe bowl, heat it with the butter on high for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the dry ingredients until evenly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Set the cake pan in a small roasting pan. Transfer the roasting pan to the center of the oven. Carefully pour enough hot water into the roasting pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the budino is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer the cake pan to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a knife around the budino and invert it onto a plate. Peel off the paper and inver the budino again. Cut into wedges and serve with fresh raspberries and the best vanilla ice cream.