Goat-Cheese Crostini with Fig Compote
- 1 small (8-ounce) baguette, cut on the diagonal into 24 slices
- 1 large garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons olive-oil
- 1/2 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 small shallot-minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thme leaves
- Coarse salt
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- Heat broiler. Brush both sides of baguette slices with oil; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side, rub raw garlic clove on each slice, set toasts aside.
- In a small sauce pan, place 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté until translucent. Add figs, sugar, wine, thyme, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spread each toast with goat cheese and top with compote. Garnish with fresh thyme.